Spreading Awareness
By: Joanna Stoane
By: Joanna Stoane
This website isn't meant to bring it's readers unnecessary pain and sadness all for the sake of raising money, or for shock value as we sometimes witness on talk shows. But neither is it to be ignored in order to escape the realities of humanity.
This site exists to remember our most precious of losses and, most importantly, to honor the memories left behind. In two weeks I will proceed on a journey that will last twenty-four hours, from 9 am EST, July 28th til 9 am, July 29th. In the meantime I'm preparing a list of news articles, stories, websites, organizations, and individual people who shed light, in one way or another, on the dynamics behind the cycle of violence and how its come to be that so many children continually pass from beyond our grasp each year.
Then, starting on the morning of the 28th, I will be sharing these things with you, including my own thoughts, feelings, and general commentary. I'm doing this for the sake of spreading awareness, which is key to the eventual action that always must be taken in order for change to occur. I plan to take you with me, although it is your choice to come.
Even if it is just for a few of the straight 24 hours I'll be spending typing away, you're very much invited and I'll be happy for your company here to help keep me going. Its vital to have support in order to keep one's stamina from falling short -- I cant say that I really want to be some blob of a zombie, with useless dribble pouring out from my fingertips by hour 16. But if it comes to that at least it could provide for some form of entertainment. In the end, you're welcome to join me into the depths of zombie-hood.
Much thanks and hope sent.
~ Joanna
This site exists to remember our most precious of losses and, most importantly, to honor the memories left behind. In two weeks I will proceed on a journey that will last twenty-four hours, from 9 am EST, July 28th til 9 am, July 29th. In the meantime I'm preparing a list of news articles, stories, websites, organizations, and individual people who shed light, in one way or another, on the dynamics behind the cycle of violence and how its come to be that so many children continually pass from beyond our grasp each year.
Then, starting on the morning of the 28th, I will be sharing these things with you, including my own thoughts, feelings, and general commentary. I'm doing this for the sake of spreading awareness, which is key to the eventual action that always must be taken in order for change to occur. I plan to take you with me, although it is your choice to come.
Even if it is just for a few of the straight 24 hours I'll be spending typing away, you're very much invited and I'll be happy for your company here to help keep me going. Its vital to have support in order to keep one's stamina from falling short -- I cant say that I really want to be some blob of a zombie, with useless dribble pouring out from my fingertips by hour 16. But if it comes to that at least it could provide for some form of entertainment. In the end, you're welcome to join me into the depths of zombie-hood.
Much thanks and hope sent.
~ Joanna
No comments:
Post a Comment